Mac OS X:
Supported OS versions: OS X 10.11, OS X 10.12, OS X 10.13.
To install, follow the normal installation of a dmg file.
If you are running Mac OS X 10.11 and up, and receive "USPOT" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer message. You just need to lower the security settings temporally to install USPOT:
- Close System Preferences on your Mac.
- Open Terminal and type the following command:
sudo spctl --master-disable
- Enter your administrator password.
- Security & Privacy's "Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere" setting will now be restored. It will also be selected by default.
- After USPOT installation, return your Security & Privacy settings back to normal.
If you are running Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8) and up, and receive "file damaged" error during the installation, it does not mean that the dmg file is damaged. You just need to lower the security settings temporally to install USPOT. After that, return your security settings back to normal. Here is what you do: Launch System Prefrefence -> Security and Privacy -> General, and select Allow applications downloaded from Anywhere.
If JAVA 10 and up has been installed , please download and install Mac + JRE 1.8.
Supported Window OS versions: Windows 7 and 10. To install, follow the normal windows installation.
Supported OS versions: Mint, Ubuntu, Debian
To install, in the install directory, type command:
chmod +x uspot_x_x_x-linux.sh
, then type command:
For Debian, Mint and Ubuntu users:
- uspot_x_x_x-linux.sh requires csh or tcsh. To install csh, you can use command:
sudo apt-get install csh
- To determine 32-bit or 64-bit Linux system, please use command
- If result contains "i686": Download Linux + 32-bit Java VM
- If result contains "x86_64": Download Linux + 64-bit Java VM
User Guide is included in the download package.
To run in stand alone mode, simply going to the "Observation" menu and select an AOT. Create a Target. All AOR fields will be populated with default values. Save the AORs to your local disk. The AORs are saved as *.aor file.
To create AORs from a proposal submitted with USPOT, use menu File->Download AORs from DCS..., enter proposal ID in the ObsPlanID filed to retrive your ObsPlan, then click on the "Proposal" node and click "Accept" button. USPOT will automatically create AORs based on your proposal.
This release is to support the SOFIA Cycle 7 Call for Proposal.