USPOT Download Cycle 10 (v4.6.0)
Mac OS X:
Supported OS versions: MacOS X 10.14, 10.15, 10.16
Special Instruction for Mac OS X 10.15: Please use right-mouse-click or Control key + touch-pad-click and then select Open to start USPOT.app.
Supported Window OS versions: Windows 7 and 10. To install, follow the normal windows installation.
Supported OS versions: Mint, Ubuntu, Debian
To install, in the install directory, type command:
chmod +x uspot_x_x_x-linux.sh
, then type command:
For Debian, Mint and Ubuntu users:
- uspot_x_x_x-linux.sh requires csh or tcsh. To install csh, you can use command:
sudo apt-get install csh
- To determine 32-bit or 64-bit Linux system, please use command
- If result contains "i686": Download Linux + 32-bit Java VM
- If result contains "x86_64": Download Linux + 64-bit Java VM
For MacOS users:
If USPOT can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software,
you can use the following steps to launch USPOT:
- Click Show in Finder button to show the USPOT folder.
- Right-mouse-click or Control-touchpad-click at USPOT and select Open menu item.
- Click Open button to launch USPOT.
User Guide is included in the download package.
- The following actions in USPOT visualization are currently unavailable: Images -> 2 MASS, Overlay -> Catalog from IPAC (ALLWISE, Spitzer, NED). We are in the process of updating the interface to IPAC to restore these services.
- For all EXES modes: the boxes for SIRF & ERF nod throws when nodding of slit has a bug that only positive, non-zero values are currently accepted (e.g. negative values for South and West ERF nods will be flagged as an error). Proposers are encouraged to enter their nod throws in their proposal text so that this can be fixed during Phase II.
To run in stand alone mode, simply going to the "Observation" menu and select an AOT. Create a Target. All AOR fields will be populated with default values. Save the AORs to your local disk. The AORs are saved as *.aor file.
- To create AORs from a proposal submitted with USPOT, use menu File->Download AORs from DCS..., enter proposal ID in the ObsPlanID filed to retrive your ObsPlan, then click on the "Proposal" node and click "Accept" button. USPOT will automatically create AORs based on your proposal.
- Inconsistencies were discovered between the USPOT overhead calculations and the inflight FORCAST software for NMC and NXCAC modes. The C2NC2 mode is not affected. The new durations double the amount of time on sky to deliver 100% of the S/N as calculated in SITE. The F056, F064, and G063 filters are the most severely affected and result new durations four times longer than previous to deliver 100% S/N as calculated in SITE. These inconsistencies have been rectified and the newest USPOT release reflects these changes for Cycle 10 proposals. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the SOFIA helpdesk: email@example.com.
This release is to support the SOFIA Cycle 10 Call for Proposal.